1. Council Regulation (EU) 2016/44 (“the Regulation”) concerning restrictive measures in view of the situation in Libya has been amended so that an asset freeze now applies to the persons listed in the Annex to this Notice.
2. The following entries have been added and are subject to an asset freeze:
3. You must:
4. Failure to comply with financial sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
5. The Regulation is implemented in Jersey by EU Legislation (Sanctions – Libya) (Jersey) Order 2014 (‘the Libya Order’) implemented under the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”).
6. On 21 September 2020 Council Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/1309 (“the Amending Regulation”) was published in the Official Journal of the European Union by the Council of the European Union.
7. The Amending Regulation amended Annex III to the Regulation with effect from 21 September 2020. Any changes to the Annex are effective immediately in Jersey by virtue of the ambulatory provisions of the Libya Order.
8. A copy of the Amending Regulation can be obtained from the website of the Official Journal of the European Union.
9. Copies of Jersey sanctions Orders and other legislation, including the Libya Order and SAFL, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
10. Copies of recent Notices, certain EU Regulations and Jersey legislation can be found on the Libya financial sanctions page on the Jersey Financial Services Commission website.
11. Please note there are also import and export restrictions on Libya.
12. For more information on Financial Sanctions please see the Jersey Financial Services Commission guidance on financial sanctions.
13. Non-media enquiries, reports and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive
1. AL-WERFALLI, Mahmoud Mustafa Busayf
DOB: --/--/1978. POB: Werfalla Tribe, West of Libya or Elrseefa (Bani Walid) a.k.a: AL-WARFALLI, Mahmud Position: Commander (lieutenant) of the Benghazi-based al‐Saiqa Brigade Other Information: EU listing only. Gender: male. Al-Werfalli is responsible for and has directly or indirectly engaged in serious human rights abuses including killings and executions. Has been linked to the killing of thirtythree persons between June 2016 and July 2017 in several incidents as well as a mass execution of ten persons on 24 January 2018. Listed on: 21/09/2020.
2. DIAB, Moussa
a.k.a: DIAB, Mousa Other Information: EU listing only. Gender: male. Diab is responsible for and has directly engaged in serious human rights abuses including human trafficking and the kidnapping, raping and killing of migrants and refugees. He held migrants and refugees in captivity in an illegal detention camp near Bani Walid, where they were treated in an inhuman and degrading manner. Several migrants and refugees were killed when they tried to escape from the detention camp. Listed on: 21/09/2020.
1. AVRASYA SHIPPING
Address: Liman Mh. Gezi Cd. No:22/3, Ilkadim, Samsun, Turkey. Other Information: EU listing only. Avrasya Shipping is a maritime company which operates a vessel called Cirkin found to have violated the arms embargo in Libya. In particular, the Cirkin has been linked to transports of military material to Libya in May and June 2020. Telephone: +90 549 720 1748. E-mail: email@example.com. Website: http://www.avrasyashipping.com/iletisim. Listed on: 21/09/2020.
2. MED WAVE SHIPPING
Address: (1) Adel Al-Hojrat Building No3, 1st Floor, Opposite Swefieh, Mall-Swefieh, PO Box 850880, Amman, Jordan, 11185.(2) Ground Floor, Orient Queen Homes Building, John Kennedy, Ras Beirut, Lebanon.(3) Office 511, 5th Floor, Baraka Building, Dauwar Al-Waha, Jordan. Other Information: EU listing only. Med Wave Shipping is a maritime company which operates a vessel called Bana found to have violated the arms embargo in Libya. In particular, the Bana has been linked to transports of military material to Libya in January 2020. Telephone: +962787064121, +96265865550, and +96265868550. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Listed on: 21/09/2020.
3. SIGMA AIRLINES
a.k.a: (1) Air Sigma (2) Sigma Aviation Address: Markov Str. 11, Almaty, Kazakhstan, 050013. Other Information: EU listing only. Sigma Airlines is a commercial cargo air company which operates aircrafts found to have violated the arms embargo in Libya. The UN has identified Sigma Airlines as one of the commercial air cargo providers operating in non-compliance with the UN embargo on the transfer of military material to Libya. Telephone: +77272922305. Website: https://airsigma.pro/. Registered under name Kenesbayev Umirbek Zharmenovich. Listed on: 21/09/2020.
Ministry of External Relations
22 September 2020