UNHAPPY WITH OUR GOVERNMENT?
Wednesday 08 January 2020
A PUBLIC MEETING ON THIS (AND OTHER MATTERS OF DISCONTENT WITH STATES CONDUCT) WILL BE CALLED IN THE COMING WEEKS.
ISSUE 1 - CONDUCT OF THE PLANNING DEPARTMENT
HAVE YOU BEEN AFFECTED BY, OR DO YOU FEEL ANGRY, ABOUT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING?
- Misuse of Green Zone Policy – particularly the difference between the treatment of wealthy and less wealthy applicants.
- Conduct of Senior Officers and the Enforcement Department.
- Consistency and reasonableness of decisions made by the Historic Buildings Department.
- Senior Management competence and the culture of the Planning Department.
IF SO, DO YOU FEEL ISOLATED AND UNABLE TO ADDRESS THESE ISSUES ON YOUR OWN?
Please sign our ONLINE PETITION calling for the establishment of an Independent Review of the Planning Department, to investigate all of the above
ISSUE 2 - CONDUCT OF THE DEPARTMENT FOR INFRASTRUCTURE
- Since being gifted the foreshore by the Crown, the States have demanded compensation from coastal home owners.
- Several individuals have been forced to pay tens of thousands of pounds to them, before being allowed to sell their homes.
- Despite a ruling from the States of Jersey’s official Complaints Board, deploring the practice, the States continue to ignore the issue.
IF YOU FEEL ANGRY OR CONCERNED ABOUT THIS, PLEASE SIGN OUR ONLINE PETITION DEMANDING THAT THE STATES:
- cease this offensive and morally indefensible practice with immediate effect.
- repay those whose lives have already been blighted by such demands and to compensate them for anguish caused and the expense that they have incurred.
- respect the spirit of the Crown’s gift and define a decent, fair and orderly method for agreeing previously established, but un-formalised, coastal property boundaries and beach accesses, without making any financial demands.