Purpose of the job:
To support the operational strategy execution and quality management at the Company. Identify opportunities for improving operational framework(s) and risk management across the Group, and increase efficiency and support obligations under regulatory and legal frameworks across all jurisdictions through ongoing analysis, review and project initiatives to achieve a global standard.
- Contribute to the maintenance and continuous improvement of P&P for the Group.
- Review all policies and ensure there are procedures in place for each.
- To assist in comparing the P&P in each jurisdiction and systematically determine amendments to achieve a Group standard.
- Undertake one-off projects to review and integrate the P&P of any business that the Company acquires by working closely with staff in such companies.
- To consider and support implementation of 'best practice' approaches to policies and procedures ('P&P') across the jurisdictions and service lines, in support of internationally-recognised standards certification.
- To assist with drafting (or work with subject matter experts to draft) any new policies, procedures or forms which may be deemed necessary.
- To promote awareness of the P&P and contribute to actions that help ensure that they are being adhered to.
- Engage relevant staff in the development of working committees to: create, amend and maintain policies, procedures and other controls, as well as design strategy implementation plans across the Group.
- Act as a Super User on the P&P software, liaising with other internal Super Users and the supplier.
- Ensure that Management Information Reporting available from the system is available.
- To carry out any function/activity required as reasonably asked by the COO, CRO or Directors from time to time.
- Experience in the management of operational procedures and controls (including risk, international security standards and/or audit).
- Ability to articulate operational requirements into a controls framework and effective operating model.
- Ability to work in a multi-national and multi-jurisdictional environment.
- Ideally, operational experience in a fund, trust and/or company management/administration environment.
- Ability to see the "big picture" relating to processes and be able to suggest how processes & support documents can be improved.
- Previous study of or willingness to work towards professional accreditation in Business Administration, Operations Management and/or Strategy.
- Trust company system knowledge for example NAV, eFront.
- Project & change management experience/skills.
- Flexibility, energy, enthusiasm and patience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and across jurisdictions.