Chief Scientific Officer
The Chief Scientific Officer drives the advancement of customer safety, developing accurate testing Standard Operating Procedures, supervising
and training Lab Manager(s) and Lab Technicians by rigorously and
creatively applying their scientific knowledge, expertise, and Lab
experience. The Chief Scientific Officer possesses and leverages his or
her credibility to inform and influence leads activities on CBD
development, provide insights for the proper procedures for handling
samples to be tested, and reporting results to the sampled cultivators
and/or processors. The CSO shall be responsible for the training and
oversight supervision of all laboratory staff and for ensuring that the
laboratory achieves and maintains quality standards of practice.Position requires demonstrable skills in:
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures that include the following methods of analysis:
- Assuring that Testing equipment is properly maintained and calibrated to assure the highest accuracy in testing quality;
- Develop specific testing procedures that may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Cannabinoid testing and content (CBC, CBD, CBDa, CBG, CBN, THC, THCa, THCv, etc.)
- Terpene profile
- Pesticides/fungicides/plant growth regulators
- Residual solvents
- Heavy metals
- Microbiological contaminants (mold, insects, bacteria, etc.)
- Develop Confidence in the Applicant as a laboratory that perform our testing, and assurance in the test results, and to take appropriate steps through accreditation to the ISO/IEC 17025 standard. Appropriate testing is critical to demonstrate that these products do not contain harmful levels of contaminants or adulterants and are safe for public consumption.
- Provide high-level commentary on CBD developments. Communicates with Chief Operating Officer. Communicates with outside industry entities as needed to support CBD surveillance.
- Provides high-level commentary on vital complaints. Responds to crises involving CBDs complaints. Communicates to Chief Operating Officer.
- Communicates with outside industry entities as needed.
- Proactively identifies need for analysis of potential safety issue. Communicates results of analysis to Chief Operating Officer as needed.
- Serves as a key advisor in management review meetings.
- Advises in business critical, high risk or high visibility Product Inquiry Report (PIR) issues, provides authoritative opinion; anticipates challenges and poses unasked questions; may request additional investigation; provides critical review at all phases of PIR.
- Shall be responsible for training and oversight supervision of all laboratory staff and for ensuring that the laboratory achieves and maintains quality standards of practice.
- Provide insight and technical advice to support any external communications
- Assist in any presentation that require specific technical input
- The Chief Scientific Officer shall meet the following qualifications, at a minimum:
- Lead our genetics program to develop new cultivars for registration into the British catalogue.
- A doctorate degree in chemical, environmental, or biological sciences from an accredited college or university and two years of post-degree laboratory experience; or
- A master’s degree in chemical, environmental, or biological sciences from an accredited college or university and four years of post-degree laboratory experience
- minimum 2 years of Lab experience
How to apply
To apply for this job please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit https://jersey-hemp.com/vacancies/chief-scientific-officer/.
« Return to Adverts