Commercial Finance Specialist
Public Sector and Government
This role sits within the newly formed Commercial department, within the Government of Jersey. The successful candidate will be able to read P&L's and balance sheets, be able to do forensic type accounting to look into costs and work out where savings can be made. You will be reviewing projects and ensuring they are commercially focused and devise recharge models.
This role could suit someone returning to work or someone who wants some flexibility, as there is the ability to work from home some of the time.
Main duties are:
- Provide commercial and financial modelling capability to inform business case development, optioneering, and alternative, innovate delivery models to champion value for money led decision making for procurement and revenue generating opportunities
- Assist the leadership team to build strong financial and commercial awareness within Commercial Services team and challenge the organisation to improve decision making
- Work with Finance colleagues to provide subject matter expertise to support the monitoring and assessment of cross-government financial outcomes
- Provide value-adding, timely, commercial finance-focused insights and advice to the organisation to support insight-led decision making
- Supporting the development of Commercial and Category strategies across GoJ. Sharing insightful financial analysis (commissioned from others) that demonstrates the implications of decisions
- Provide leadership and training to others is key to helping improve their financial acumen
Why not give me a call for an initial informal chat
For more information please visit https://careers.asl-jersey.co.uk/careers/job/33432.
« Return to Adverts