This is a fantastic opportunity to join this high quality employer acting as their Compliance Manager. Acting in the capacity of a Key Person for their regulated and non-regulated client entities, you will ensure the appropriate monitoring and oversight of compliance with AML/CFT legislation and regulation, as well as managing regulatory and compliance matters for the business.
- Act as the registered Compliance Officer, Money Laundering Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer for a portfolio of client regulated entities.
- Act as MLRO and MLCO for a portfolio of non-regulated client entities.
- Review and approve compliance reports of client entities, including associated documents, and attend board meetings to present the reports, as required.
- Review High Risk CDD files.
- Develop and maintain procedures, systems, and controls to monitor compliance with, and test the effectiveness of, AML/CFT policies and procedures.
- Monitor the companys automated screening solution.
- Monitor the PEP register.
- Provide guidance, advice, and support to the business on AML/CFT matters.
- Prepare first draft of quarterly MLCO reports to be submitted to the board of directors.
- Advise the board on AML / CFT compliance matters.
- Respond to requests for information from the Jersey Financial Services Commission and the Joint Financial Crime Unit in respect of client entities.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of internal training on AML/ CFT compliance and other regulatory matters.
- Assist with the management and development of the AML / CFT regulatory process, including reviewing local and international regulatory websites and reporting pertinent information and updates to the Head of Compliance.
- Assist the business in preparing for regulatory audits and other visits and inspections related to AML / CFT related activities.
- Review internal SARs in line with internal reporting procedures, and, where considered appropriate, to externalise these to the relevant authorities as MLRO for client entities.
- Advise colleagues on how to manage the relationship with the subject of an internal SAR / SAR, following the filing of a report.
- Managing all communications with the relevant authorities, following the filing of a SAR to them.
- Assist maintaining a record of all communications in respect all SARs, including whether the report is externalised to relevant authorities and, if not, the reasons for not doing this.
- Maintaining a record of all requests for information from law enforcement authorities and records relating to all internal and external SARs.
- Manage relationships effectively post disclosure to avoid tipping off any external parties.
- In liaison with other Key Persons, where appropriate, acting as main liaison point of contact with the Jersey Financial Services Commission and the Joint Financial Crime Unit and in any other external enquiries from regulators or law enforcement authorities in respect of client entities.
- Assist with ad hoc projects, as required.
- Promote a positive regulatory compliance culture at all levels within the business.
Skills & Experience
- 5 years experience in a similar position within the Jersey and/or UK financial services business.
- An in-depth knowledge of the Jersey and international AML/CFT framework.
- Strong academic background.
- A good knowledge of the regulatory regimes affecting Jersey funds and corporate entities and/or TCB experience.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently when required.
- Accurate and methodical.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Organised, flexible, and keen to learn.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy and quality standards.
- A recognised compliance qualification, legal qualification or ICSA.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience + good benefits
If you are interested in this role or you would like some more information, simply contact Colin on 767053 for an informal confidential chat, or email your CV in total confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org