Digital Jersey - Head of Finance and Operations
This is an exciting opportunity to join Digital Jersey at a time of growth and development and a chance to be part of Jersey’s future. Digital Jersey is the economic development agency and
representative body for the digital industry in Jersey. This opportunity is to
provide a strong foundation for the organisation in all aspects of financial
management, operations and governance.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the HFO will work with the Digital Jersey
team to maintain and develop a best practice financial framework and governance
structure. The HFO will be the primary accountant within Digital Jersey, managing
the central budget as well as financial control of adhoc projects.
This role also includes taking on Company Secretary responsibilities and,
dependent upon the candidate, the HFO will also oversee internal process
development, HR and IT functions.Key Responsibilities
Financial management and reporting
Governance and risk
- Monitor day-to-day financial operations
within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions
- Track and report on company performance.
Present financial reports to the CEO, Non-Executive Board members, stakeholders
(including the Government of Jersey) and colleagues.
- Develop, propose and manage annual budgets
and grant applications (circa £2m), including obtaining Board approval.
cashflow forecasts ensuring cash is available to deliver company objectives and
- Prepare Annual Report and Financial
Statements in line with reporting GAAP and relevant recommended practice.
- With the DJ team and the Board, develop
company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Forecast, monitor and report against
- Assist in the development of the DJ strategic
business case, including the development of short, medium and long-term
- Look for opportunities to maximise income
opportunities to deliver sustainable growth of services.
- Advise team members on business case
applications to secure Government funding.
- Financial management of projects as required
from time to time.
- Primary point of contact for annual audit and
- Risk management, including maintaining and developing
risk management policies.
- Maintenance of risk register, liaising with
colleagues to identify, score and mitigate against risks to the company
achieving its objectives.
- Work with colleagues and the Board to further
embed risk management in the business
- Deliver best practice governance in
accordance with the UK Corporate Governance Code.
- Schedule Board and Committee meetings, and
the AGM, producing agendas, taking minutes, conveying decisions, handling
meeting correspondence and so on.
- Provide company legal, financial and/or
strategic advice during and outside of meetings.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- With the assistance of external advisors where appropriate:
Maintain and develop financial and
non-financial procedures for the company. This includes, for example,
recruitment, travel and expenditure policies.
- Manage the HR function, including development
of staff performance review procedures and human resource policies such as the Staff
- Manage the internal IT function.
- Deal with company and staff insurance
- Oversee the operation of the Digital Hub and
DJX, monitoring and maximising the use of the facilities to deliver against
- Keep up to date with relevant financial, regulatory
or statutory changes and policies.
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal,
including experience of liaising directly with Boards. Experience of delivering
- Ability to work at all levels of the business
and desire to make this role your own.
- Suitable Professional Qualifications (for
example ACA, ACCA).
- Experience in similar environment with a proven
track record in a financial, governance or operational role.
· In-depth knowledge of UK Corporate Governance
code and experience in its application.
- Experience of Xero accounting software is
Please apply with CV and Cover Email
How to apply
To apply for this job please email email@example.com.
For more information please visit digital.je.
« Return to Adverts