Jersey Dairy is one of
Jersey’s most prominent businesses collecting
and processing the majority of the milk produced in the Island
and manufacturing dairy products for local and export markets.
An exciting opportunity has
arisen for a Multi Skilled Engineer to become part of the team based at Trinity
working a five day week which may include night shifts.
Reporting into the Engineering
Manager you will become a crucial member of this small team ensuring that the
production plant operates at optimum efficiency and effectiveness at all times.
You will be a multi skilled
engineer with an electrical bias and a good mechanical understanding. You will ideally have a food industry
background and previous exposure to dairy equipment would be an advantage,
although not a necessity, as full training will be provided.
Your responsibilities will
include the implementation of planned,
preventative and reactive maintenance of specialist industry machinery. There will be a high level of autonomy and a
variety of equipment to work on.
Key skills for this role
will include excellent communication skills, the ability to work under pressure
and to deadlines. You will possess a
recognised electrical qualification, and have a proven track record in an
In return we offer a competitive
remuneration package coupled with the knowledge that you can make a significant
impact into the future success of Jersey Dairy.
ResponsibilitiesYour responsibilities will include:
- Carrying out planned preventative maintenance to minimise manufacturing downtime and to increase operational efficiencies.
- Attending breakdowns in a timely manner, diagnosing and repairing faults to minimise downtime.
- Carrying out continuous upgrades of plant and machinery.
- Testing and monitoring effectiveness of all equipment.
- Maintaining accurate records of all work carried out.
- Working with engineering stores person, suppliers and contractors to optimise material specifications and maintain engineering stocks.
It would be advantageous, but not essential to have:
- A relevant electrical or engineering qualification and/or a completed engineering apprenticeship.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- FMCG/food manufacturing experience.
- Understanding of HACCP.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for a skilled and passionate engineer who enjoys working in a fast paced and energetic environment.Keys skills will include excellent communication skills, the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
BenefitsA competitive remuneration package
Free out of town parking
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence and should be made in writing, enclosing a covering letter and an up to date C.V. to Tony Reed, Jersey Dairy, La Route de La Trinite, Trinity, Jersey, JE3 5JP, or by email to email@example.com.
How to apply
To apply for this job please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit https://jerseydairy.com/about/vacancies/.
« Return to Adverts