CRS is delighted to be assisting the JFSC in their search for talented individuals who are passionate about protecting and enhancing the reputation and integrity of Jersey. Reporting to the Head of unit, Banking you will work as part of the Supervision team to further ensure compliance by all relevant regulated persons.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the fight against financial crime, whilst at the same time, helping to safeguard the best economic interests of the island. Working for the JFSC is a fulfilling and rewarding career choice, which will afford you the very best opportunity to achieve an unrivalled level of knowledge and experience.
Interested? why not contact Colin on 767053 and let us guide you through the application process.
- Responsible for the day to day supervision of a portfolio of registered entities.
- Participates in the on-site examination schedule either as leader or co-ordinator or participant as required, including interviewing key members of staff employed by licence holder, conducting file reviews, reviewing documentation, systems and controls and participating in opening and closing meetings.
- Works with the Supervision Examination Unit on pre-examination work including the detailed planning of examinations, the production of examination reports and the preparation of recommended actions where appropriate.
- Completes post examination work including updating the entity risk model assessment and monitoring any findings through to a satisfactory resolution.
- Meeting performance standards and KPIs for on-site examinations.
- Reviews proposals for changes to existing registrations, and recommends acceptance or rejection.
- Proposes any specific conditions that may need to be attached to banking business or general registrations, on an ongoing basis.
- Monitors news and commentary affecting parent banking groups and engages proactively with home supervisors to identify emerging or increasing risks, including participation in regulatory colleges, where relevant.
- Identifies, records and acts upon risk events within regulated entities.
- Liaises with staff in other divisions as required under the Commissions lead regulator procedure.
- Monitors for, identifies and deals with major issues arising in connection with regulated entities, including liaison with the Enforcement Division where necessary.
- Responds appropriately to all correspondence and complaints received, from both customers of registered entities and the public, within agreed minimum timescales.
- Provides advice on banking related issues within the Commission.
- Organises and participates in meetings with regulated entities as required.
- Participates in training of new members of the Banking team.
- Exchanges information, as necessary, on a confidential basis with regulators in other jurisdictions.
- Executes additional tasks in order to meet Commission projects or development and change objectives.
- Reviews and analyse prudential information submitted by regulated entities and to advance timely and appropriate recommendations thereon. This information includes:
- (i) Quarterly prudential returns;
- (ii) Financial statements;
- (iii) ICAAPs;
- (iv) recovery plans;
- (v) Group Bank Concession Limits;
- (vi) Large exposure requests; and
- (vii) Liquidity Behavioural Adjustments.
Critical Competencies: behaviours and abilities required for the role:
- Achieving Excellence (Advanced)
- Communicating Effectively (Intermediate)
- Demonstrates Expertise (Advanced)
- Planning and Organising (Advanced)
- Judgement & Decision making (Advanced)
- Teamwork (Advanced)
Knowledge and Experience:
- Will have strong financial services background and an good understanding and practical experience of banking operations, risk management, and regulations,
- Ideally, will have experience or operating at senior executive committee level or equivalent.
- Experience of Microsoft Office and other relevant desktop applications is essential.
- Well educated, and as a minimum should hold a diploma level qualification from a professional body such as ICSA, ACIB, ACCA or CISI.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willing to work as part of a team
Salary:45,500 90,000 + Benefits
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity or would like some more information, simply contact Colin on 767053 for an informal confidential chat, or email your CV in total confidence firstname.lastname@example.org