Fund Services, Assistant Manager, CI
TMF Group helps its clients operate internationally and belong wherever they are in the world. Our work includes helping companies of all sizes with business services such as HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, global governance and administration and fiduciary services for structured finance, private equity and real estate investments.
The successful candidate will play a key role on a portfolio of complex alternative investment fund structures administered by TMF and reviewing the teams output to ensure the highest level of accounting service is delivered to clients., providing Company Secretarial and Administration services. This role will be a visible one both within the business and to external parties, so the ability to communicate successfully with external parties, clients and internal stakeholders is vital to the role. They will work closely with the Associate Directors and will be expected to build a strong relationship with the teams key client, managing and ensuring the optimum delivery of services.
The primary focus of the role will be:
- Performing or reviewing the bookkeeping for a portfolio of complex alternative investment fund structures performed by junior team members and take the financial records forward to trial balance stage and final deliverables
- Demonstrate competence with all fund accounting work including calls, distributions and other complex fund accounting calculations.$1$1
- Preparation/ review of financial statements as per the applicable GAAP
- Maintaining pro-active communication to ensure that the Senior accounting manager is kept appraised of status and to allow them to accommodate periods of absence and/or peak demand.
- Working closely with counterparts on other teams to ensure seamless and coordinated service delivery.
- Strong core accounting skills. Review of complex fee calculations and carry/waterfall mechanisms. Training team members in calculating, bookkeeping and reconciling complex transactions.
- Confidence in building complex accounting reports to enable review and query resolution
- Planning workload, prioritising and managing own time accordingly, as well as the time and work-load of more junior team members, to ensure client service of the highest standard is consistently delivered.
- Proactively look to develop own skills within the wider business and assisting other teams
- Building a strong relationship with the teams key client through regular and open dialogue and the timely completion of key tasks;
- Supervising junior team members;
- Deal with queries from auditors and providing back up where needed;
- To assist and contribute towards Group or Team projects as required.
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- Ideally 5+ years experience in a similar Funds environment
- People management experience is desirable but not essential
- Proven client relationship management skills and a focus on client service and the achievement of excellence
- Presentation, negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Excellent time management and organisation skills are essential
- Skilled communicator in English language, both written and spoken
- Previous experience of software packages such as outlook, excel, databases and word are essential.
- Experience in operating an investment accounting system (preferably Investran but other systems are acceptable)
- Knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
Make an impact
Our global presence in more than 80 countries allows you to impact how global and diverse clients do business as well as give back to the global communities we operate in
Be part of One TMF
At TMF Group, its our people who make us who we are. Our company thrives on entrepreneurial spirit and is full of proactive people who combine enthusiasm with responsibility and accountability.
A world of opportunity
Regardless of where you are in your career, TMF Group opens a world of opportunity where you will be part of our team and is supported in your global career journey.
For more information please visit http://careers.tmf-group.com/cw/en/job/529243.
« Return to Adverts