Fund Services, Client Administrator, CI
TMF Group is a leading provider of critical administrative services, helping clients invest and operate safely around the world. We provide legal, financial and employee administration through TMF Groups teams in 120 offices.
The Administrator will be responsible for servicing existing client funds to a high standard. As such they will develop a good understanding of the fund structures including a high level of knowledge of the investments and investors of each fund. They will work closely with the Manager and Associate Director responsible for the fund(s) that they are assigned to.
They will often (but not always) be supported by a Trainee Administrator and they will be expected to support the development of such trainees.
They will act as the main contact for in-house teams and correspond regularly with the client and their investors, or advisors.
The Administrator is responsible for all aspects of the day to day administration of client fund structures including, but not limited to:
Cash management and administration
The Administrator will undertake tasks to ensure that:
- Payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner;
- The Investor Services Team is provided with the necessary documentation or information in a timely manner that allows them to complete calls/distributions and register maintenance tasks or the delivery of notice requests;
- To be responsible for the management of bank accounts and that daily reconciliations are performed in accordance with internal controls;
- Book keepers and accountants are provided with the necessary documentation (Cash and non cash transactions) and support to allow them to complete the bookkeeping in a timely and efficient manner;
- Treasury systems are used to place fixed or FX deposits and the Administrator will liaise with the Treasury department as required ;
- The client is liaised with in a prompt, efficient and professional matter;
- Responsibility for production and maintenance of up to date client fund structure synopsis, client presentations, client contact sheets and team records/files;
- Timely clearance of EFL, CDD, client and investor queries in an efficient manner;
- Regular risk assessments of the fund structure in accordance with group procedure;
- Ensuring that actions agreed at team Customer Relationship Management Review Meetings are implemented in a timely and professional manner.
That the client relationship is managed in accordance with any Service Level Plan that has been agreed with the client.
Company Secretarial Skills
The Administrator will undertake company secretarial tasks to ensure that good corporate governance is maintained:
- all board meetings are held in accordance with the constitutional documents and local regulation;
- notices and necessary back up are prepared and issued in accordance with the constitutional documents and local regulation;
- Minutes of meetings are prepared and executed as a true record of the business discussed;
- Written resolutions of the directors are prepared in accordance with constitution documents and local regulation;
- All original documents and copy correspondence are maintained accurately in an electronic and physical format;
- Knowledge is obtained regarding administered structures to be able to answer company secretarial queries raised by other parties in a timely manner;
- Maintenance of share registers, directors and secretarial registers in accordance with regulatory SAS 70 or similar controls, plus all related activities surrounding these areas;
- Timely filings following formation of new companies (that the Administrator will be involved in the creation of and expected to develop a good working knowledge of).
- Follow up actions / decisions made by directors in board meetings and all resolutions are followed through, and that the directors are updated on any area of the constitutional documents that they need to be aware of; and
It is expected that an administrator will be involved in:
- Liaising with the internal CDD team to ensure that satisfactory client due diligence is obtained and maintained for managed structures;
- Liaising with the internal compliance team to ensure that the administered entities comply with jurisdictional regulation;
- Ensuring that Permit conditions attached to their Funds are complied with along with the 7 Funds Services Business codes if required; and
- Following relevant SAS70 procedures.
- Strong organisational and time management skills are essential.
- Ability to work within a team and be willing to support other client teams during periods of high activity.
- Company Secretarial, Private Equity Fund Administration and Cash Management Experience.
- Internal systems, controls and procedures training will be given on the internal applications used and the job holder will become familiar with the controls and procedures in place. Training will also be given in relation to KYC, however it is desirable that the job holder is familiar with regulatory KYC requirements.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently.
- Excellent communication and client relationship skills
- Use of Microsoft word, excel and outlook.
- The Administrator will be educated to at least A level standard or equivalent and will be preferably studying towards ICSA Professional or similar, or willing to study for a relevant professional qualification. A Degree qualification is not essential for the role but will be regarded as a benefit.
- Ideally 2+ years of private equity/trust and company experience, company secretarial and cash management experience would be an advantage. Although, less direct experience, if countered by the ability to demonstrate previous have been held of a similar nature and responsibility would be viewed positively.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary +
- Private Medical insurance for self & family which includes GP visits & eye tests
- Discretionary performance related bonus
- Defined contribution non-contributory pension scheme Employer contribution - 10%
- Fitness Club membership - 275 per year (receipts based)
Working at TMF Group
- Make an impact
- Our global presence in more than 80 countries allows you to impact how global and diverse clients do business as well as give back to the global communities we operate in.
- Be part of One TMF
- you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
For more information please visit https://careers.tmf-group.com/cw/en/job/566320.
« Return to Adverts