Compliance Officer - Trust & Corporate
In an environment of ever increasing globalization we provide professional services in 80+ countries to help our clients operate across borders. Whether entering a new market or driving in country growth we ensure they stay focused on their core business, taking the stress away from their accounting, legal and HR responsibilities.
We are embarking on an ambitious growth plan which will be achieved through strong organic growth, the entrance to new markets and completion of acquisitions. This provides a truly dynamic work environment to build a successful career and see a tangible impact from the work that you complete.
Lead and develop the risk and compliance functions for the Trust Company Business. The role includes: developing, delivering, maintaining and continually improving a robust risk and compliance framework, whilst leading and influencing the development of a compliance culture within TMF.
- Act as the appointed Compliance Officer for the Trust Company Business, and deliver oversight of the MLRO & MLCO.
- Principal regulatory contact person of the trust services business with the JFSC;
- Ensure the design and implementation of a robust AML/CFT and compliance framework with related policies to meet the local regulatory requirements;
- Ensuring that a consistent, proportionate, and risk based approached is applied to all AML/CFT and compliance matters;
- Accountable for the compliance function in its provision of AML/CFT and compliance advice/support provided to the Channel Island trust business ensuring resolution of compliance issues;
- Driving improvements in AML/CFT and compliance awareness through the evaluation of needs, and delivering a training and development programme, with input from compliance and AML/CFT monitoring program;
- Ensuring the compliance function reviews all existing and new AML/CFT and compliance policies to ensure that they continually meet regulatory and best practice requirements;
- Building market and industry knowledge to benchmark AML/CFT and compliance policies and practices;
- Ensure effective action plans are made and implemented to address upcoming changes in regulation and best practice;
- Ensuring the establishment and effective operation of a risk-based AML/CFT and compliance monitoring program;
- Assisting with the development and oversight of the risk-based client file review framework;
- Delivering annual compliance business plan to the Channel Island Boards/Risk Committee;
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate mechanisms for the identification, monitoring and reporting on AML/CFT and compliance matters to senior management, the board and other relevant stakeholders.
- To assist the Head of Risk and Compliance Funds to develop, establish and maintain a robust risk management framework for TMF in the Channel Islands;
- Be a Key/Principal Person as may be required;
- Support the relevant boards on risk and compliance matters;
- Chair the meetings of the Channel Islands Risk and Compliance Committee as required;
- Sit as a member on other Channel Island Committees as may be determined;
- Align the development of the funds and trusts compliance environment where appropriate;
- Work with and support staff in the management of potential or actual risks which may arise;
- Lead the risk and compliance teams to ensure the effective delivery of the functions, specifically including delivery of the responsibilities by Key Person role holders;
- Mentor members of the risk and compliance team, managing each team members development through the establishment of clear and achievable objectives;
- Provide support/training to the members of the risk and compliance team and to the wider business as deemed necessary;
- Preparation of training materials as relevant;
- Provide support to the Head of Risk and Compliance Funds as appropriate.
Working at TMF Group offers
Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training.
Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important, valued and lived daily.
Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.
For more information please visit http://careers.tmf-group.com/cw/en/job/514413.
« Return to Adverts