Purpose of the role:
You will provide an efficient support service to an Associate and Partner on a specific contentious trusts matter and more generally to assist Associates and Partners across thewider commercial and trusts litigation team.
This is a fixed term contract for between three and twelve months.
- Assisting in drafting a range of legal documents
- Reviewing and summarising legal and other documents
- Performing legal research and analysis
- Printing and collating legal documents
- Checking legal forms/documents for accuracy
- Assisting in the preparation of reports, correspondence and bundles
- Maintaining system based filing systems, assisting in file openings and CDD requirements
- Taking responsibility for a wide range of tasks/projects as required by the partners/lawyers inthe group
Knowledge, Skills and Expertise:
- Ideally, you will have completed or be working towards the BPTC or LPC.
- Some previous experience in a legal environment, ideally in a similar role.
- Document management experience would be useful.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Willingness and ability to learn about Jersey law.
- Organisational/time management skills and the ability to prioritise and manage a workloadeffectively within deadlines.
- A responsible, disciplined and methodical approach and a keen eye for detail.
- The ability to use initiative to resolve issues and to work independently with appropriatesupervision.
- Team spirited, with flexibility and enthusiasm.