Senior Trust Officer
Alexander Daniels Offshore is working with a business based in Jersey to recruit a Senior Trust Officer.
- Attending to client needs in a timely, professional manner and maintaining knowledge and control over assets and activities of trusts administered;
- To take responsibility for the administration for of a varied portfolio of trusts, companies, foundations and/or other entities, keep the profiles up to date and maintained;
- To prepare resolutions and minutes, arrange board meetings and to present documents to management/directors for review;
- Form companies and foundations and establishment of trusts, obtaining fee quotes from lawyers for new structures, as appropriate;
- To deal with third party service providers in respect of the structure;
- To deal with lawyers and other intermediaries in respect of assets and liabilities and other matters arising;
- To schedule in and deal with action points raised by periodic reviews on a timely basis;
- To assist with the completion of other compliance or regulatory matters in a timely manner;
- To raise client bills in accordance with policies and procedures and collect receivables where due;
- To review WIP regularly with line management so that advanced discussions can be held with clients where work falls outside of the scope of fee arrangements. Where appropriate, to assist in additional fee invoices being raised where work is out of scope;
- To work with compliance and management to ensure that all working practices are considered when developing and improving policies and procedures;
- To proactively review policies and procedures and assist in their development and improvement;
- To accurately record time and to achieve a daily target of 80% billable time;
- To maintain a good understanding of local Regulatory and compliance requirements;
- To assist in the training and development (mentoring) of junior team member;
- Other projects as assigned and other duties that may be deemed appropriate to this role;
- To develop relationships with intermediaries to expand corporate network; and
- To assist Management/Directors with new business opportunities.
Skills and Experience:
- Level 4, formal qualification or other related university or tertiary qualification;
- Minimum of 5 years trust and company administration experience exhibiting supervisory ability and leadership qualities.; and
- Comprehensive understanding and good technical knowledge of TCB administration, legislative, compliance and regulatory requirements as well as an awareness of the tax implications of various structures.
- Attention to detail;
- Strong time management and organisational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with clients, intermediaries and colleagues at all levels;
- Ability to work using own initiative and make decisions within the guidelines set by corporate policies and procedures;
- Ability to lead and be part of a team of professionals; Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Awareness of compliance and regulatory obligations in financial services providers.
Ref Number | AD-JSY-2753
For more information please visit https://www.alexanderdaniels.je/job/senior-trust-officer-5/.
« Return to Adverts