Workplace Support Engineer - IT Support Technician
End user Support including Hand/Eyes needs for IT Service for PC imaging, End user support, for Desktops, Laptops, Peripherals and Local Applications support. Provide Hand & Eyes support for Group IT as required.
- Provide Hand & Eyes support to Regional, Market and Global IT teams
- Provide technical support and guidance to end users
- Monitoring and managing tickets assigned to WPS Support group
- Assist in planning, designing, testing, and deploying upgrades or new local hardware and local applications
- Ensure local application inventory and RACI matrix is updated in LeanIX
- Inventory management and support for TMF Laptops, Desktops, Phones, Mobiles, Printers.
- Administration of purchase orders and invoices for the local offices
- Monitoring the finances and advising on savings and improvements
- Providing security and compliance reports that fall within the responsibility of WPS.
- End user satisfaction of the IT service within the local office
- Security oriented and vigilant of any risks, vulnerabilities, or threats. And Avoiding any nonconformities with any of our security standards
- Controlling access to file shares and certain applications following the approval process.
- To assist the Workplace Support Manager with budget related expenditure estimates, in the preparation, maintaining of office budgets and servicing costs.
- To provide training, guidance, and coaching to users on IT matters and TMF applications and operational procedures.
- Raise local risks and concerns around the IT service quality to immediate line manager to proactively address them.
- Convenient communication and high-level visibility to the Workplace IT Manager
- Assisting with global projects or local projects with the guidance and approval from Workplace IT Manager
- Provide Hands & Eyes support for locally owned infrastructure, servers, back-ups, ISP coordination, networking devices, user management, capacity planning
- Assisting Global DC team by providing them the hands and eyes on task per task basis, while keeping the accountability and tracking of such to the Global team.
- Assisting Global networking team by maintaining shared documentation regarding internet lines (corporate and guest) along with providing assistance once needed while communicating to the ISPs and vendors.
- Provide IT support for Internal office moves
- Deploy, update and upgrade operating systems, manage policies and profiles, Manage and protect IT assets, manage apps and data and Configure connectivity
- Monitor and respond and effectively to requests and incidents assigned to workplace support group in ITSM ticketing tool within defined SLA.
- Assisting end users with technical needs, related to the usage and utilization of the IT assets, and IT accessing supported applications.
- Follow best practices to meet performance and security requirements. This is usually during new joiners induction, deployment of a change, or on a need-to basis.
- Assisting in compiling and providing (or sharing) documentation to the end users for the basic use expected for TMF assets such as Printers, Projectors, Smart boards. To ensure the end users are confident enough after reading those concise instructions to operate the devices without assistance
- Always Ensure there is proper documentations (may include photos and diagrams) of all IT assets and their configuration of the local office
- Update the asset management register upon purchasing, decommissioning, assigning or unassigning, any IT asset, and IT asset information should always be up to date and accurate on file
- Ensure the access to the applications is available and effective, and the applications are well documented and up to date. Ensure the data is documented in LeanIX and up to date.
- Ensure active directory objects, OUs, Groups are up-to-date. Ensure every AD object has proper description to each, following standard naming conventions
- Provide proactive hand & eyes support for Operations and Engineering IT teams, in administration, management of local office servers, network and other global infrastructure components.
- Ensure all servers are being backed up as per schedule and chosen plan, Patched and updated, and included in security and monitoring scans and monitoring.
- Monitoring all physical or logical resources whenever possible to ensure no disruption to the service
- Enriching the Azure Chatbot knowledge, by governing the accuracy and comprehensiveness of the chatbot pertaining the local office requirements and participate in a role in the continual improvement process of the chatbot service.
- Raise purchase orders. Controlling the IT expenses and participate in IT budgets processes
- Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 and Hyper-V installation, administration and configuration
- Work experience on ITIL 4 processes and certified
- Vulnerability and Patch Management
- WAN, LAN and WIFI access points management for local Offices
- Dell Physical server, storage administration and DPM disk and Tape backup management
- Work Experience on Citrix, VPN and other Infra services.
- Work experience on user management in Microsoft O365
- Understands TMF Groups' business lines, regulatory requirements and how the organisation is structured.
- Records their time accurately and within deadline in addition to approving time for others.
- Understands and applies control and risk and governance frameworks consistently.
- Will delegate work across the team as appropriate.
- Will be expected to support less experienced staff
- Will share knowledge to ensure targets are met.
- Understands own motivation and impact of personal impact to optimise personal and team performance
- Builds and maintains relationships at all levels across the Group.
- Will be mindful of cultural differences across a diverse organisation.
- Communicates (verbally and through written work) information in a clear and concise manner
- Will manage stakeholders' expectations with regards to delivery, escalating concerns as appropriate.
- Puts colleagues/ clients at the centre of everything they do to ensure a positive experience.
- Upholds the values of the organisation in all they do.
- Acts with integrity
- Trustworthy team member who considers those around them.
- Situational understanding of needs of role and will find solutions/ more efficient ways of working within parameters.
Make an impact
Our global presence in more than 80 countries allows you to impact how global and diverse clients do business as well as give back to the global communities we operate in
Be part of One TMF
At TMF Group, its our people who make us who we are. Our company thrives on entrepreneurial spirit and is full of proactive people who combine enthusiasm with responsibility and accountability.
A world of opportunity
Regardless of where you are in your career, TMF Group opens a world of opportunity where you will be part of our team and is supported in your global career journey.
For more information please visit http://careers.tmf-group.com/cw/en/job/534485.
« Return to Adverts