Condor has said its sailings should be able to go ahead this weekend after an "interim agreement" was reached with striking stevedores.
Former employees of Saint Malo Manutention (SMM) had been threatening to blockade the port.
But meetings have since taken place between the Saint Malo authorities and SMM representatives.
Condor says it now expects to be able to run its passenger services on Friday 31 July through to Monday 31 August.
The weekly freight service between Portsmouth, the Channel Islands and Saint Malo is suspended, however.
Pictured: Passengers are expected to be able to travel on the Saint Malo service from Friday to Monday.
"We are grateful that the St Malo authorities have brokered a temporary arrangement with the dockers that should see us sail Condor Rapide this weekend as planned," Condor's Operations Manager Elwyn Dop commented.
"It is also understood that discussions are underway which could result in a permanent solution being found. Obviously, any ongoing disruption is regrettable and totally unacceptable so we look forward to being able to resume all sailings in due course."
He added that, as no stevedores will be available, passengers will be expected to carry their own luggage.
Comments on this story express the views of the commentator only, not Bailiwick Publishing. We are unable to guarantee the accuracy of any of those comments.
Once your comment has been submitted, it won’t appear immediately. There is no need to submit it more than once. Comments are published at the discretion of Bailiwick Publishing, and will include your username.
There are no comments for this article.