17 were picked up through arrivals testing, six people were direct contacts of individuals that had already tested positive, and three were discovered while seeking healthcare.
It brings the total in the island to 74 – 40 of whom are displaying symptoms, and 34 are not. One individual remains in hospital.
Meanwhile, 34 people have recovered.
Of these, the Government said: “The majority of these are the cases that were identified two weekends back – they have now either recovered from their symptoms or completed their 14 day isolation period without symptoms.”
Statistics update:
Since Friday 23 October, 26 new cases have been identified (17 from inbound travel, 6 from contact tracing, 3 while seeking healthcare). Today we are reporting 34 people having recovered from COVID-19. pic.twitter.com/1SGTeQiBom— Government of Jersey (@GovJersey) October 26, 2020
The latest figures come as islanders have been advised to start wearing masks in public spaces including shops, post offices, pharmacies, and banks.
While masks have not specifically been advised in the workplace, the medic leading Jersey’s response to the pandemic, Dr Ivan Muscat, said that employers should encourage them where possible, taking a “common sense” approach.
