1. Council Regulation (EC) 881/2002 (“the Regulation”) imposing certain specific restrictive measures directed against certain persons and entities associated with the ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida organisations has been amended.
2. Identifying information for the individuals and entities listed in the Annex to this Notice has been amended.
3. The following entries have been amended and remain subject to an asset freeze:
4. You must:
5. Where a relevant institution has already reported details of accounts, other funds or economic resources held frozen for designated persons, they are not required to report these details again.
6. Failure to comply with financial sanctions legislation or to seek to circumvent its provisions is a criminal offence.
7. The Regulation is implemented in Jersey by EU Legislation (Sanctions – ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida) (Jersey) Order 2016 (‘the ISIL Order’) which is implemented under the Sanctions and Asset-Freezing (Jersey) Law 2019 (“SAFL”).
8. On 17 September 2020 Council Implementing Regulation (EU) 2020/1297 (“the Amending Regulation”) was published in the Official Journal of the European Union by the Council of the European Union.
9. The Amending Regulation amended Annex I to the Regulation with effect from 17 September 2020. Any changes to the Annex are effective immediately in Jersey by virtue of the ambulatory provisions of the ISIL Order.
10. A copy of the Amending Regulation can be obtained from the website of the Official Journal of the European Union.
11. Copies of Jersey sanctions Orders and other legislation, including the ISIL Order and SAFL, can be found on the Jersey Legal Information Board website.
12. Copies of recent Notices, certain EU Regulations and Jersey legislation can be found on the ISIL financial sanctions page on the Jersey Financial Services Commission website.
13. For more information on financial sanctions please see the Jersey Financial Services Commission guidance on financial sanctions.
14. Non-media enquiries, reports and licence applications should be addressed to:
Head of International Compliance
Office of the Chief Executive