Full DescriptionThis is a fixed-term post until 31 December 2019.
At Ports of Jersey our passion for doing a great job really counts and we take great pride in what we do. Joining a vibrant and energetic forward-looking team, you’ll be providing a comprehensive and efficient administrative service to departments around Ports of Jersey. As well as a competitive package, working at Ports of Jersey offers more variety, challenges and opportunities. Key Responsibilities:
Key Personal Qualities:
- Provide a comprehensive, confidential secretarial and administrative support service to the senior management team. Including but not limited to; composition and preparation of routine correspondence, preparing reports, briefing notes and presentations, database and document administration, diary management, travel and meeting management, compilation of agendas for meetings, minute and note taking at meetings.
- Manage business travel and conference arrangements on behalf of managers and departmental staff, ensuring value for money is achieved in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Participate in facilities management under direction from more senior colleagues, ensuring the proper operation of the department’s building or office. Assisting with the co-ordination of building access and ensuring the maintenance of the building via fault reporting, meeting room management and co-ordination.
- The Ports of Jersey operate in a safety critical environment, where the administration staff are required to contribute to internal procedures and maintain industry best practice, including incident reporting, providing escorts, assisting with the compiling of risk and impact assessments, and contributing to the overall maintenance of the Safety and Quality Management Systems. In addition the post holder is expected to assist in document, records and information management in the business ensuring compliance with current policy and law, including ensuring the maintenance of an effective and efficient central filing system; creation and retention of central and archive files.
- Assist administration team colleagues in supporting managers in the human resources management of departmental staff by publishing rosters, maintaining departmental staff training records and booking courses.
- Excellent command of written English, as well as competent IT skills, with the ability to adapt to new software products as they are introduced.
- Be able to demonstrate strong organisational and administration skills, and have the ability to work to a high level of accuracy.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team, including working successfully to deadlines. Experience of working in a similar environment is essential.
- Possess a high degree of confidentiality and excellent all-round communication skills, including the ability to respond effectively and professionally to queries from members of the public, staff and managers at all levels of the organisation.
- Be autonomous, proactive and practical.
For more information please visit www.ports.je.
« Return to Adverts