Purpose of the role
Providing proactive support to the Jersey Partners and lawyers in the implementation of the group's Business Development strategy.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of the Jersey Business Development (BD) plans for
the relevant service lines.
- Coordination of, and participation in regular planning and review meetings with each of the service line
teams including innovative idea generation.
- Event planning, coordination and delivery (both locally and in London) including seminars, bespoke client
events, corporate hospitality and conferences.
- Ensuring planned activity is budgeted, reviewed and monitored.
- Champion the best practice use of the firm's InterAction CRM system.
- In conjunction with wider BD team and London Client Development Head, input into the creation/ongoing
development of effective targeting lists for each of the service lines using CRM system.
- Build own network of BD peers within target clients, intermediaries and local industry associations,
memberships and networks, in support of the service line business development plans and service line
- Assist with the development of a comprehensive suite of collateral for Jersey legal service lines.
- Directory submissions - ensure delivery of Chambers, Legal 500 & ILFR directory submissions including
reviewing and monitoring results.
- Proactively support jurisdiction key client / intermediary programme / activity.
- Support partners and associates in preparation of pitches and proposals.
- Support the group training function as required with the development and delivery of BD training
- Support with the management and control of expenditure against budget with the service line teams and
provide timely updates on progress
- Relevant qualification (CIM or equivalent)
- Previous professional services BD experience in an offshore jurisdiction ideally in Jersey preferable
but not essential
- Ability to form and maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- Strong analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Confident in meeting and networking with clients / intermediaries
- Positive, proactive can-do attitude
- Previous experience of using InterAction or similar CRM system
- Previous experience of using direct mail systems such as Concep and/or Vuture Vx.
- Previous experience of using design software (such as Papirfly) for the production of branded collateral
preferable but not essential.