Compliance Officer or Compliance Assistant
Full Description Vacancy: An opportunity has arisen in Lexstone Lawyers for a Compliance Officer or Compliance Assistant to work in its Jersey office. The successful candidate will work within a small friendly environment. The firm: Lexstone Lawyers is a non-contentious law firm in Jersey specialising in investment funds, commercial law, banking, private wealth, financial services, real estate, employment, environment, & intellectual property. The firm undertakes a broad church of quality work, from purchasing a house in Jersey to financing one of the top five global airports. In short, it’s a small firm environment with tier-one firm clients.
Clients and associations: Clients include some of the most successful & reputable companies & individuals with interests in Jersey and several global banks. It is a member of Lawyers Associated Worldwide, an international network of independent law firms.
Purpose: The compliance function is pivotal to Lexstone Lawyers. The compliance officer or compliance assistant will support the senior management with the onboarding of clients & monitoring activities to enable compliance with applicable laws, regulations & internal policies, & procedures. The compliance officer or compliance assistant will identify & manage risk exposure by ensuring that the systems & controls are adequate & relevant to protect the firm’s internal & external risk factors whilst ensuring a culture of compliance & high ethical standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be expected to undertake the following duties & responsibilities: -
1. onboarding of new clients/matters,
2. client screening & ongoing monitoring to include conflict checks, background, or equivalent searches,3. customer due diligence (CDD),
4. compliance with all relevant internal policies & procedures,
5. CDD reviews, including trigger events & politically exposed persons, sanctions & liaison notices,
6. review the output generated by the screening and monitoring activities to determine whether any relevant trends or information should be communicated to the firm’s partners & staff,
7. conducting internal monitoring of adherence to internal policies,
8. process improvement & sharing best practices,
9. regulatory, audit & similar inspections,
10. continuous professional development & oversight of internal training, & compliance registers. Requirements
You’ll be asked to have the following qualities: -
4. knowledge & comprehension of the Jersey Financial Services Commission anti-money laundering handbook, &
5. excellent communication skills, attention to detail and strong organisational skills. Applicants: We are willing to consider applicants from all levels of experience.
Contact us: To apply for this role, please email your curriculum vitae & cover letter to Agnieszka Bielanska, Group Partner, at: -
firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information or to discuss the role, please call Agnieszka for a confidential chat on: - + 44 1534 480700.
How to apply
To apply for this job please email email@example.com.
For more information please visit www.lexstone.je.
« Return to Adverts