Group CEO and Head of Compliance
We are a single-family office which owns and manages a portfolio of private investments across different sectors, with a growing focus on Southern Africa and Asia.
We have investment teams in London and Cape Town and are in the process of establishing a new head office in Jersey. We are looking to hire a Group CEO and Head of Compliance to run the Jersey office, oversee the investment portfolio and manage internal reporting and compliance. Duties:
The successful candidate will have general oversight over the investment portfolio, identifying and vetting new investment opportunities, managing corporate transactions and coordinating professional advisors in various countries, supervising group boards and management teams, implementing internal compliance controls, ensuring consistency of reporting across the portfolio, monitoring global economic, political and legal risks affecting the portfolio, and ultimately preserving and enhancing the value of the investment portfolio for the benefit of the family and its future generations.
The role will report to the Jersey board and its global investment committee. He or she will also liaise extensively with our in-house legal counsel and commercial directors within the different businesses. Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Legal qualification in a common law jurisdiction; a post-graduate business qualification from an internationally recognised institution.
- Experience of working in a family office, international fiduciary services firm or similar.
- Knowledge of the South African and Asian investment environments. Professional and/or social connections in those regions would be valuable.
- Broad experience of corporate transactional work, international compliance rules (including CRS, FATCA, CBCR, AML, KYC and CDD) and general corporate administration.
- Willingness and ability to work independently as the staffing requirements of the new office will be determined over time.
Salary based on experience and qualifications. Our expectation is £80,000 – £120,000 base, plus long term incentives.
How to apply
To apply for this job please email email@example.com.
« Return to Adverts