We love people who get results by doing things differently and we are now looking for two Management Accountants to support the Jersey Finance team to help drive efficiency and add depth to the global finance support we provide.One role will operate as part of the Legal and Business Services Finance function and the other as part of the Ogier Global Finance function. Both roles will be responsible for the preparation of management reporting, cost reporting, financial forecasting and other analysis to support group strategy, interpreting financial information to help drive business performance, achieve business goals and regulatory obligations.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Preparation of management reporting, cost reporting and other internal reporting and analysis to support group strategy
- Extracting and handling data from our accounting system and building new reports to meet business needs
- Provide accurate, timely and comprehensive financial management information to the Management Team, Partners and Directors to assist with business decision making
- Drive business performance through interpretation of financial information, making reconditions on actions to be taken through effective business partnering
- Preparation of board packs for regulated entities ensuring all regulatory obligations are met through reporting, analysis and presentation to the Directors
- Construction of financial models to aid with dividend payments
- Ensure regulatory compliance with capital adequacy requirements at all times
- Cost management with Directors to ensure adherence to budget and efficient use of scarce resources
- Prepare financial forecasting models, including balance sheet and cash flow forecasts, to assist with business planning
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets and multi-year planning
We are looking for individuals who are data focussed, tech savvy and analytical thinkers.
We are keen to see qualified or part-qualified accountants (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with 3 - 5 years' experience who are excited by the opportunity to work effectively as part of a busy, collaborative team and contribute towards the future success of the firm.
Additional skills knowledge and experience:
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and particularly Excel
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of numeracy and analytical thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and influence different levels of the business
- Experience of finance planning processes, including annual budgeting, cash-flow forecasting and multi-year planning is desirable
- Previous experience of using SQL / SSRS reporting
- Experience with using ViewPoint /Aderant Expert or other fiduciary services / law firm practice management software preferred, but not essential
Ogier provides legal advice on BVI, Cayman, Guernsey, Irish, Jersey and Luxembourg law. Our network of locations also includes Beijing, Hong Kong, London, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo. Legal services for the corporate and financial sectors form the core of our business, principally in the areas of banking and finance, corporate, investment funds, dispute resolution, private equity and private wealth. We also have strong practices in the areas of employee benefits and incentives, employment law, regulatory, restructuring and corporate recovery and property. Ogier's corporate administration business, Ogier Global, incorporates and administers a wide variety of vehicles including public and private companies, partnerships and trusts. Ogier is based in 12 jurisdictions including Beijing, BVI, Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Ireland, Jersey, London, Luxembourg, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.
For more information please visit https://ogier.pinpointhq.com/en/jobs/63648.
« Return to Adverts