Swissport - Jersey Customer Service Roles
Swissport, the worlds largest provider of flight support services, is looking for Customer Service Agents, to join our local airport team in Jersey. We have permanent part time roles, offering 30 hours a week, with a starting rate at £9.42 per hour.
Due to the flexible flight schedule, you must be within a commutable distance of Jersey Airport to apply for this role. To book in for an initial 15 minute interview or to find out more about this role please click here.
As a Customer Service Agent you will provide all the necessary help and support to passengers as required by our customer airlines which may include check in, baggage processing, reservations and ticketing, boarding of flights, air-bridge operation, greeting arriving passengers, handling of VIPs, provide special passenger assistance, handle customer complaints and other duties as assigned.
Day to day you will be responsible for:
Qualifications and Competencies
- Assisting passengers with self-service check-in kiosks
- Inspecting and verify passenger documentation
- Issuing boarding passes and reschedule passengers affected by flight interruptions or cancellations
- Managing passenger baggage processing including handling and fee calculation if applicable
- Assisting passengers as needed through arrival and check in processes including support for passengers with special requirements such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance
- Directing passengers through Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine as required
- Making public address announcements as required
- Assisting colleagues in other areas of the airport to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers and gate checked bags (cleared through security) are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to passengers upon arrival
- Complying with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Complying with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Operating computers and specialist equipment such as air-bridge, scanners and airline specific software
- Producing work-related documentation when required
- Maintaining the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
- In possession of at least three GCSE’s / O Level or Leaving Cert (and equivalent)
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be able and willing to type and learn airline specific computer systems
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather if required
- Passionate about customer service
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Self motivated and able to work independently
For more information please visit https://swissport.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=2112613&tz=GMT%2B01%3A00&tzname=Europe%2FLondon.
« Return to Adverts