If you feel you need further support you have a number of options
• Self-exclusion. Self-Exclusion means you have banned yourself from gambling and this is an important first step. Self- Exclusion is an option offered by all Jersey bookmakers and reputable online gambling companies.
• Speak to your GP. They can refer you to Jersey Talking Therapies for counselling, therapy and coping strategies.
• Use online help from Gambling Therapy (Jersey) via www.gamblingtherapy.org/je This service includes advice and support, a forum and a database of useful resources. An App is also available. Advice is available in various languages including Portuguese and Polish.
While not restricted to gambling issues, Citizens Advice Jersey give advice about debt management and offer a debt counselling service: www.cab.org.je
UK based charities have also been known to help people in Jersey:
• Gam-Anon is a UK-based organisation that provides help and advice for friends and family of people who have issues with their gambling: www.gamanon.org.uk
• Support, information and advice for anyone suffering a gambling problem is also provided by Gamcare and GambleAware: website: www.gamcare.org.uk and www.begambleaware.org. National Gambling Helpline Freephone number: 0808 8020 133
Information can also be accessed via the website of the Jersey Gambling Commission: www.jgc.je/social-responsibility/get-help-and-self-exclusion/