The Prisoners of Conscience Holiday Fund Jersey is a registered, local charity whose aim is to provide restorative holidays in Jersey for human rights advocates (and on occasion their families) who have successfully claimed asylum to live in the UK.
These benefactors are referred to POCHFJ by two UK charities who actively promote the welfare of UK-resident political refugees, many of whom have faced torture, familial separation, and other trauma in their countries of origin.
Funded purely by local benefactors, POCHFJ aims to provide two of these holidays per calendar year. Whilst in Jersey, many of our beneficiaries enjoy the hospitality of a well-established cadre of supporters, in the form of days out, meals or trips to local attractions.
The charity is now looking for a new Honorary Secretary. Their functions are as follows:
• Assistance with booking transport and, on occasion, accommodation for our beneficiaries;
• Dealing with the annual confirmations required by the Office of the Charity Commissioner to maintain POCHFJ’s charitable status;
• Timetabling the Annual General Meeting (‘AGM’) and distributing invitations for the same;
• Preparing minutes of the AGM;
• Assisting the Chairman and Treasurer of POCHFJ with ad-hoc matters as they arise.
This rewarding role offers the opportunity to meet and assist some remarkable human rights champions. The time commitment required is very manageable.
For further information, please contact our Chairman Jurat Collette Crill (email@example.com) or Phil Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org).