Authorised firearms officers and detectives were sent to Sark from Guernsey this morning after a request for help came from the smaller island.
Guernsey Police confirmed this evening that an incident had occurred overnight, which had led to the arrest of four men, aged between 30 and 36 years old.
Three were arrested in Sark and were brought back to St. Peter Port, while one was arrested in Guernsey.
Please see the below statement from Guernsey Police. pic.twitter.com/eI51s7qfFG
— Guernsey Police (@GuernseyPolice) September 21, 2022
Guernsey Police said that while the investigation is ongoing, at this time they are not looking for anyone else in connection with this incident.
The Sark Seneschal, the person responsible for justice in the island, made clear on Twitter that she would not be commenting on the matter either.
As many are aware, there has been an incident in Sark that lead to a number of individuals being arrested and their custody transferred to @GuernseyPolice.
The Court of the Seneschal will not be making a statement and asks all to allow the Police to complete their investigation.
— Victoria Stamps (@AlmostSenseless) September 21, 2022
In responding to questions from Express earlier this afternoon, a Guernsey Police spokesman said the situation was not as was being suggested on local social media groups.
Follow Express for updates…