Senior Accountant - Corporate Services
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team with scope to provide a value add service proposition to work
with clients to develop their businesses. Our Corporate Services offering utilises a family office approach in the
provision of corporate and funds services to our clients with a particular focus on boutique and bespoke solutions.
This role involves close and regular interaction with all Stonehage Fleming employees, primarily in the Jersey office but
also Group wide and also with promoters, advisors and intermediaries, more specifically the auditors. The incumbent
works within the accounting area and reports to a Director of Corporate Services.
This role is ideally suited to a dynamic individual wishing to further develop their career in a growing financial services
firm looking to build on their existing accounting experience and apply this across asset classes whilst also having the
opportunity to develop their client relationship management skills. As part of a small team, the purpose of this role is
to provide a hands-on professional service to corporate and fund clients whilst being responsible for all financial
reporting requirements within an allocated portfolio of clients ensuring that all client deliverables are met in a timely
The team manage a diverse portfolio of clients across most asset classes with our core focus on family office / UHNW
clients primarily investing in real estate, capital markets and private equity utilising a variety of regulated and
unregulated structures. The role requires the individual to be well organised and able to work under their own initiative
being mindful of both internal and external deadlines.
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Prepare annual and interim financial statements for all entities under administration in accordance with
accounting standards − IFRS, UK GAAP or generally acceptable accounting standards.
- Technical understanding of variety of accounting standards, particularly IFRS and UK GAAP, taking a lead role in
analysing changes and their impact on the clients under administration
- Undertake review role for work completed by others within the team
- Completion of ANLA calculations and other regulatory reporting where required.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly management accounts in agreed formats with the clients for certain entities where
- Prepare financial information for inclusion in board packs where required.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports as required, which could include cash projections, budgets, etc.
- Liaison with external Investment Managers/Advisors.
- Lead liaison role with Auditors to manage the audit process and ensure the successful completion of audits
- To carry out periodic valuations on allocated fund clients within agreed reporting time frames.
- Prepare valuations for a portfolio of entities in accordance with documented valuation methods and
internal procedures across main asset classes (Listed Equity, Private Equity, Property, Derivatives and
- To provide guidance and assistance in respect of accounting conceptsin respect ofthe preparation of valuations
and review valuations prepared by other team members
Operations / Administration:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Become involved in the establishment of new entities and the assessment of the accounting requirements
- Participate in the establishment and updates of operational processes in relation to the accounting
- Assist with the development ofsystem functionality to support client requirements.
- Be a ‘Super User’ of the main accounting system used, Investran.
- Be an authorised signatory
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Experience in preparation of financial statements and other financial reports for different legal entities
and regulatory types
- A good understanding of IFRS and UK GAAP and the ability to produce accounts compliant with these
standards as well as be able to analyse the impact of any changes to the accounting standards across
allocated client portfolio
- An understanding of otherstandards such as US GAAP or LUX GAAP would be beneficial.
- Experience in a Funds service environment particularly in Private Equity or Real Estate would be beneficial.
- Technically strong in the use of Excel, knowledge of accounting systems and their functionality.
- Excellent attention to detail, delivering work of a high standard
- Sharp analytical skills and a strong commercialawareness
- Proactive, solution focused with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Team oriented with flexible approach
- Ability to use initiative and work independently
- Integrity, honesty and professionalism
- Able to structure work logically and efficiently and executes accordingly in a high pressure environment
- Be proficient in Word and general MS products including Powerpoint
- Able to give guidance and assistance to other members of the team
How to apply
To apply for this job please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit www.stonehagefleming.com.
« Return to Adverts