Jersey Finance is delighted to announce the Life in Finance scheme is back for 2022 with applications for students closing on Friday 29 April.
After a short break, Jersey Finance is looking forward to welcoming back sixth form students into this rewarding experience which provides the students with a ‘taster’ of working in finance through work placements with a variety of companies across the industry.
Life in Finance is a work experience scheme created by Jersey Finance for local Year 12 students who are interested in a career in finance. The scheme offers students a one- to two-week work placement within a Member firm during the summer months, giving them the opportunity to learn more about the different roles available and the benefits of working in our industry.
The make-up of Jersey’s finance industry means that there is a wide range of roles on offer across a variety of sectors. A common misconception is that you need to be an expert number-cruncher, but there is a huge variety of roles available within the industry. These include administration, marketing, human resources, accountancy, legal, events, compliance, project management and business development and much more, so there really is a role to suit all skill sets.
This scheme allows students to obtain experience in their chosen sector of interest within the finance industry and determine whether a career in finance is something they would like to pursue after sixth-form or after university.
During this placement, students will be able to develop existing skills and learn new ones, build their CV, and meet prospective future employers, in addition to becoming part of Jersey's financial workforce.
This year, Jersey Finance has launched their Life in Finance video which provides careers teachers, parents and students an insight into what life in finance is all about with testimonials, key information about the scheme and topical content to grab your attention.
Details about the Scheme
• Students can apply via our online application form, where they can upload their CV, along with filling in personal information and answering a few queries about their interest. Please note the deadline for application is Friday 29 April 2022.
• The Meet and Greet event will be held on Wednesday 18 May, which provides students the opportunity to sit down with finance firms and discuss potential placements with them and experience a first-hand interview scenario. Here, the student would need to fill out a company selection form and give it back to us at the end of the event. This form will help guide us in our matching process.
• The students will be notified on Monday 6 June whether they were successful in securing their desired placement.
• Finance firms will be in touch with the students directly to agree placements. Students will also need to fill in a placement form during this period.
• After placement we will send out feedback forms (this may be online).
• There will be a Gallery and JEP double page spread supplement for those wanting to be included.
For further information on the scheme and how to apply, please head to the Life in Finance page: jerseyfinance.je/working-in-finance/life-in-finance/