Trainee Fund Administrator
In an environment of ever increasing globalization we provide professional services in 80+ countries to help our clients operate across borders. Whether entering a new market or driving in country growth we ensure they stay focused on their core business, taking the stress away from their accounting, legal and HR responsibilities.
We are embarking on an ambitious growth plan which will be achieved through strong organic growth, the entrance to new markets and completion of acquisitions. This provides a truly dynamic work environment to build a successful career and see a tangible impact from the work that you complete.
The Trainee Administrator will act as assistant to the Administrator(s)/Senior Administrator(s) in carrying out the day to day administration of Private Equity Fund structures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Trainee Administrator, under the guidance of the Administrator, will undertake tasks to ensure that:
- Payments are processed accurately and in a timely manner;
- The Investor Services team is provided with the necessary documentation to complete calls/distributions, maintain registers and manage delivery of notices;
- Daily reconciliations are performed in accordance with internal controls;
- Our book keepers are provided with the necessary documentation (Cash and non cash transactions) and support to allow them to complete their tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Using treasury systems to undertake fixed deposit or FX transactions and the Treasury team are communicated with as required.
- Where permitted, and under close supervision, the client is communicated with in a prompt, efficient and professional matter.
- Assistance is given to drafting client fund structure synopsis, client presentations, client contact sheets and maintain up to date files.
- Customer Due Diligence, client and investor queries are cleared in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Where appropriate, statutory and client reviews are performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- General office administration duties are carried out promptly and efficiently.
- Assist with the uploading of files to the client portal MYSS (mystatestreet.com) and other systems such as Investor caf or Intralinks
Company Secretarial Skills
The Trainee Administrator, assisting the Administrator and members of the Company Secretarial team under their guidance, will undertake company secretarial tasks to help to ensure that:
- All board meetings are held in accordance with the constitutional documents and local regulation.
- All original documents and copy correspondence is maintained accurately in an electronic and physical format.
- Knowledge is obtained regarding administered structures to be able to answer company secretarial queries raised by other parties in a timely manner.
- Actions and decisions made by directors in board meetings are followed up and that all resolutions are followed through. Knowledge of the constitutional documents will be gained to enable the trainee administrator to assist in updating the directors on specific areas of those documents that they need to be aware of.
Statutory and Regulatory Requirements
To develop an understanding of the statutory and regulatory requirements relevant to our client funds.
- Anti Money Laundering / Counter Financing of Terrorism Legislation;
- Collective Investment Funds (Jersey) Law 1998, Control of Borrowing (Jersey) Order 1958 and Financial Services (Jersey) Law 1998, and
- TMF requirements to remain compliant with SSAE 16 or Equivalent internal controls.
It is expected that a trainee administrator will assist the Administrator and become involved in:
- Liaising with the CDD team where necessary to ensure that satisfactory client due diligence is obtained and maintained for managed structures;
- Completion of regulatory process documentation, including liaising with the internal compliance team where requested, to ensure that the administered entities comply with jurisdictional regulation.
- Ensuring regulatory and internal controls are complied with.
In addition to the duties listed above, the Trainee Administrator may be requested to perform any other ad hoc duties or projects as requested by management.
Technical Knowledge / Skills Required
- The trainee administrator should ideally be willing to or already be studying towards a suitable recognised financial qualification and be enthusiastic, friendly and interested.
- Good time management and organisational skills are essential.
- Previous experience in the use of software applications such as outlook, Microsoft excel and word is essential.
Minimum Education / Qualifications
Not necessary, although some office experience would be an advantage.
Working at TMF Group offers
Learning opportunities: you will work with highly experienced colleagues who are ready to share their knowledge, and will receive the opportunity to work on diverse and complex client requests. You will also be able to apply for and be supported for training.
Value-driven work environment: you can expect integrity and respect from all your colleagues and your leadership team.
Teamwork: an environment where we learn from our mistakes and work together to improve our processes continuously. A no-blame culture where teamwork is important, valued and lived daily.
Ambition: we are a growing company in which we constantly look for the next opportunity and where all ideas are welcome.
For more information please visit http://careers.tmf-group.com/cw/en/job/511856.
« Return to Adverts